The largest online store in India, Amazon has a broad selection of goods. Amazon sells a variety of goods, including clothes, shoes, electronics, books, washing machines, refrigerators, food, and cosmetics. Amazon dominates the markets for groceries, home appliances, and consumer electronics, while Flipkart dominates the markets for fashion and cellphones.
Similar to Flipkart, Amazon is an online marketplace that links suppliers and buyers throughout India. Over a million businesses sell on Amazon. Unfortunately, not all online customers are happy with the products they purchase from vendors. Customers may occasionally receive substandard or fake items. We’ll go through what to do if you receive fake or damaged items from Amazon in this blog.
What should you do if the Amazon things you received don’t meet your expectations?
You may return items from Amazon if you’re unhappy with them without getting in touch with customer care. The procedure of returning items on Amazon is really simple. How to do it is as follows:
- To return anything you bought on Amazon, log into your account and go to the order page.
- All of your Amazon orders will be shown on your order page, and you must decide which ones to return.
- Following the selection of your order, move to the right side and select the “Return Items” button.
- You will be asked to give a justification for the return. Pick the precise justification for the return of the item from the drop-down menu.
- Once you’ve made your decision, you must explain why you’re returning the item in the provided box.
- Click continue when you’ve done stating your justification for returning the item.
- Clicking Continue will take you to the next page, where Amazon will offer a suggestion for a fix. In most cases, just one option will be picked automatically: Refund. Hit the Enter key to continue.
- After entering all the necessary data, you must schedule a pickup by choosing a day from the drop-down menu. You’ll see your shipping address. You may also change your shipping address.
- After submitting your return request, an Amazon employee will show up to pick up the merchandise. Once the refund has been completed, the funds will be refunded to your bank account.
What Causes a Consumer to File a Complaint Against Amazon?
Many people are complaining these days that Amazon is selling their consumers faulty or substandard goods. Some of these signs have become standard due to their regularity. These are listed below:
- The list’s items are expensive.
- Consumer receives faulty or damaged items
- The consumer was given a fake good.
- The delivery has either been canceled or delayed.
- There will be no refund or replacement for a canceled purchase or damaged items.
- Last but not least, there is a lack of customer service and support.
For offering deceptive services that cheat customers out of their hard-earned money, Amazon has received several consumer complaints. However, this legal process is drawn out and challenging.
How Do I File a Complaint Against an E-Commerce Website?
Under the Consumer Protection Act of 2019, a client may file a consumer complaint at the District Consumer Forum for problems like:
- illegal business tactics
- Items that are flawed or damaged
- The business is deceitfully billing you.
- Sales items might be harmful to one’s health and safety.
The consumer should first get in touch with Amazon customer support. Any product issues should be reported by the client, who should also look for resolution to their grievances. The customer should register a complaint with the District Forum if Amazon does not move to fix the issue. Amazon may be the subject of a consumer complaint from a client who requests compensation.
The complaint was made by 61-year-old Sector 27 resident Baljit Singh Dhillon. He bought an iBall tablet from Amazon in January 2017. The complainant noticed that the tablet had display problems when he received the goods, so he informed the business and asked for a refund. The business granted the request and committed to repay the funds as soon as the tablet was delivered. He didn’t get a refund; he got gift cards from the business. The complaint made many attempts to contact Amazon regarding a refund, but to no effect.
The District Consumer Disputes Redressal Forum penalized Amazon Sellers Services Private Limited for compensating for the broken tablet with gift cards rather than cash.
The corporation was ordered by the court to give back the complainant’s whole money. The forum noted that “instead of issuing a refund, the opposing party is engaged in unfair trade practices by forcing and pushing the complaint to purchase another product by crediting the money to the complainant’s Amazon account without the complainant’s agreement.”
The business will pay back Rs. 17,029 plus interest at a yearly rate of 9%. In addition, the business was mandated to pay the complainant Rs. 5,000 for mental agony and an additional Rs. 5,000 as court expenses.
Because of the drawn-out processes required and our ignorance of the relevant laws, we frequently delay submitting complaints. We at Reso can assist you throughout the procedure without causing you any bother. If you need help submitting a customer complaint against Amazon, get in touch with us.